Female sexual problem refers to a problem of the sexual cycle that prevents
her from experiencing satisfaction from the sexual activity. Lack of desire,
pain during intercourse, sexual climax are some of the sexual problems they
face. Apart from medical, physical and psychological reasons diet and lifestyle
also contribute to sexual problems.
Various dietary and lifestyle modifications, which are required to overcome
sexual problems, are:
- Healthy food: Avoid refined carbohydrates - sugary foods, breads and
cereal. Emphasize on lean meats, chicken, fish, and a lot of vegetables. Limited
intake of saturated fats helps to stay fit and avoid diseases like diabetes,
heart diseases, etc. Homemade salad dressing consisting of flaxseed oil and
freshly squeezed lemon juice is beneficial.
- Avoid excessive drinking and smoking. It can reduce the sexual drive and
desire by reducing the blood flow to the sexual organs.
- Remain physically active. Inactivity contributes to poor cardiovascular
fitness and may raise the chances of lack of desire, arousal problems, and
- Exercise and meditation are very helpful in solving sex related problems
and helps to maintain emotional and psychological balance. Stress, anxiety,
relationship problems, depression, guilt and fatigue are some of the problems,
which can easily be taken care of by meditating. Regular aerobic exercise can
increase stamina, improve body image and elevate your mood. Learning to relax
amid the stresses of daily life can enhance your ability to focus on the sexual
experience and attain better arousal and orgasm.
- Maintaining personal hygiene is another factor, which help to overcome
sexual problems. It helps to avoid various infections like chronic bladder
infection, vaginal or cervical infections and can make sexual intercourse more
- Communicate with your partner. It can enhance emotional and sexual
intimacy as it can make your partner aware of your likes and dislikes. By doing
so your emotional health and intimacy with your partner will improve helping you
to enjoy your sexual activity.